Author Topic: ABC Tool Text Box  (Read 3019 times)

Mike134

• View Profile
ABC Tool Text Box
« on: December 19, 2013, 03:59:00 pm »
Good Afternoon,

Is there a way using AFL to access the properties of a text box placed on a chart with the ABC tool?

Thanks - Mike

Mike134

• View Profile
Re: ABC Tool Text Box
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:29:10 pm »
Aminerd - Thanks for the suggestion, but I think it would still leave me with the same issue. I should have been clearer.

What I am actually trying to do is read the text contents of the box, ie what has been typed in. Typically the box will have been placed and initially filled manually.

Regards

Aminerd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 06:16:33 pm »
Aminerd - Thanks for the suggestion, but I think it would still leave me with the same issue. I should have been clearer.

What I am actually trying to do is read the text contents of the box, ie what has been typed in. Typically the box will have been placed and initially filled manually.

Regards

No, it would not still leave you with the same issue. You wanna read it back elsewhere? Then use StaticvarsetText and StaticvargetText or NotGet, Noteset or PersistentVarSetText, PersistentVarGetText.

example

Code: [Select]
EnableTextOutput( 0 );
x = ParamStr( "Text test", "Input something here" );

StaticVarSetText( "x", x );
x2 = StaticVarGetText( "x" );// globally readable

printf( x2 );

Aminerd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 06:18:59 pm »
I accidentally deleted my first reply to your first post.

This was it

No, I don't think so but you can create movable GFX text boxes. Those movable boxes are movable either by param dialog or more comfortable by mouse clicks. Text input, font size and font  in both case would be done via param functions.