Author Topic: Chart Display Setting - How to hide holiday bar  (Read 7995 times)

toyogo00

• View Profile
Chart Display Setting - How to hide holiday bar
« on: July 16, 2013, 02:44:39 am »
Hi,

I've few questions on the chart display (see attached)?

Q1:  The data Window display volume as 5.5909e+006 which is not readable, how to display it as a proper format such as 5,5909,0000?

Q2:  When I move the crosshair to the bar, it displays Date,Time,O,H,L,C but not volume, how to display the volume here?

Q3:  The View->Pad on non-trading days only hide the weekends but not the exchange holidays, how to hide the exchange holidays?

Regards,
Toyogo

Aminerd

• View Profile
Re: Chart Display Setting - How to hide holiday bar
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 10:45:28 am »
Q1: ask AB support, but both are proper readable formats
Q2: e.g. Plot( V, "Vol", colorBlack, styleNoTitle | styleHidden );
Q3: if your data vendor provides data for that date there is no way to hide it. Each country has different holidays so how would you hide it?
You could write your own formula to exclude weekends from calculation.

toyogo00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 08:35:43 am »
Hi Aminerd,

You are not answering any of my questions at all. 

Aminerd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 07:20:59 pm »
Are you kidding me or what? Well, you are.

toyogo00

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 11:29:59 am »
Hi,

Your solutions are using programming which I don't think that's what I am looking for unless the administrator says these questions cannot be resolved using standard Amibroker setting.

Regards,
Toyogo

Aminerd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 07:42:48 pm »
Hi,

Your solutions are using programming which I don't think that's what I am looking for unless the administrator says these questions cannot be resolved using standard Amibroker setting.

Regards,
Toyogo

The admin of this board is a user like you and me. He is not the developer of AmiBroker. This is not AmiBroker forum or support channel but a 3rd party users forum. So if you are looking for secure facts then you have to ask Amibroker themselves. This is the wrong place then. But IMO there are no better solutions other than my answers to you.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 09:32:46 pm »
toyogo00, Aminerd is right on both counts. You need to modify the formula behind the chart. If you purchased the product emailing their support is the fastest way to get help.

toyogo00

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 02:40:17 am »
Hi Aminerd and Admin,

Thank you very much for clarifying it.  Initially I thought this forum is owned by AmiBroker.  As a 3rd party, you all are awesome.  I'm new (few days) to AmiBroker after downloading the software for evaluation.  I've not bought it yet! 

I've evaluated few others including NinjaTrader, AmiBroker certainly is one of the best software that I can use for analysis the stocks.

I will decide which one to use (Amibroker or NinjaTrader) after careful evaluation and I really thank you for your help!

Regards,
Toyogo

Aminerd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 04:43:16 am »
Hi Aminerd and Admin,

Thank you very much for clarifying it.  Initially I thought this forum is owned by AmiBroker.  As a 3rd party, you all are awesome.  I'm new (few days) to AmiBroker after downloading the software for evaluation.  I've not bought it yet! 

This one http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/ is AmiBroker's user forum. It's even mentioned on their main website.
And even if you have not bought the software yet you can send general questions to their support (not their user forum). So I would just try it if you are unsure about an issue you have. They know best since it is their software.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:39:24 am by Aminerd »

toyogo00

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 10:27:54 pm »
Q3: if your data vendor provides data for that date there is no way to hide it. Each country has different holidays so how would you hide it?
You could write your own formula to exclude weekends from calculation.
Hi Aminerd,

I've written an Excel VBA program that import EOD Yahoo data, filter it with the holidays for that exchange and then save it as .aqh format.  (similar to download data from EOD Yahoo in AmiQuote).   So I've successfully removed the holidays.

However, AmiQuote is able to use "Automatic Import" (if checked) to update the Amibroker directly without manually import .aqh files from it.  My question is how can I do the same from Excel?

Regards,
Kim

Aminerd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 11:09:19 am »
Use OLE.

toyogo00

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 12:02:46 am »
Hi Aminerd,

Thanks!  Is there any Excel VBA sample source code/example that I can refer to?

Regards,
Kim